Chadly is engaged!!!


One of my best friends in the whole world got engaged this weekend! Chad (aka Chadly) Andrews will marry Shelly Thompson on July 31st in the Logan Temple. I am so excited for them I can't put it into words. Chad has been getting ready to propose for the past couple weeks. It's been the main topic of our conversations these days. Maybe it's weird that I am writing this post but I don't care. I am so excited!

It's been so fun to watch the journey of Chad and Shelly. Chad and I (along with Sarah and Amy) first became friends because he came over for girl advice about "Salt Lake Girl"---a friend who he had known for a few years, sort of dated, but couldn't figure out because they would flirt and have fun together, and then other times not so much. Well, "Salt Lake Girl" was Shelly. It's crazy how connections and friendships come about. I will be forever grateful to Shelly for being "Salt Lake Girl". Life would not be the same without Chad. He is an amazing friend. I don't know what I would do without Chad. He gets me. Having Sarah be gone this semester has been insanely hard for me. I seriously don't think I could have made it without Chad. He's always there for me no matter what. Plus, we go on awesome adventures and have way fun dinner and movie nights.

Chad and I talk about the wedding plans all the time. I'm a big fan of weddings, so I love every minute of it. He showed me pictures of the ring design, the Anniversary Inn rooms etc. I think my favorite part has been when Chad and I are hanging out and he'll randomly say, "Clarissa, Shelly is so cute." Shelly, he loves you so much! In the two years I have known Chad I have never seen him this happy. When Chad got the ring on Friday he couldn't stop smiling. I rushed over as soon as I got home to see it. Shelly is a lucky girl. Saturday night, after Chad proposed, he and Shelly came over, walked into my apartment, and Chad yelled "We're engaged!" Sunday night when he came over to give me the rest of the engagement details (I helped with all the planning but had to hear about how it all actually happened) he was in a complete state of blissful euphoria. He didn't know he could be this happy. That's how it is supposed to be.

Chad is the first person who I am really connected with/a really good friend to get engaged. A ton of my acquaintances have jumped on the marriage and baby ship, but nobody I really care about who has a profound influence in my life...until now. While I know things won't ever be the same, I am so excited for Chad that it outweighs all the change factors.

As cheesy as it sounds, I know he and Shelly will be eternally happy.

No comments: