Last Huraah with Cassandra...

This coming Wednesday, Cassie will be going into the MTC to prepare to serve a mission in Raleigh, NC! I am so excited for her and can hardly believe the time is finally here. It seems like forever ago that we were all anticipating her call. I know she is going to be an amazing missionary.

Last weekend Emilee, Sarah, and I had our last hurrah with Cassie. On Saturday Em and I left Logan to stay in SLC and unite with our girls. We went and picked up Cassie and took her to the Cheesecake Factory at Fashion Place mall. Cass has always wanted to go to the Cheesecake Factory, but until last Saturday had never been. There was an hour wait so we entertained ourselves at Nordstrom's with sunglasses. Once we were done playing and made it back to the restaurant, we each ordered a different kind and passed it around the table. Together we consumed the following flavors of cheesecake: key lime, chocolate mousse, white chocolate raspberry, and tuxedo. They were so delectably delicious...key lime was my favorite.

As we sat there eating cheescake, laughing, and reminiscing I was so grateful for my girls. We talked about how in a year and a half when Cassie gets back we would have to go back to the Cheesecake Factory. We talked about how in the years to come we would sit there together after we all have husbands, kids etc. My whole life I looked forward to college and friends who would be there for me and make a huge impact in my life. It's amazing that it has all become a reality.

After cheesecake we went to go do something a little rebellious, since soon Cassie will be a missionary and all:-)So for our rebellious activity we went ice blocking at Murray Park. Since it's been raining like mad lately, it was super wet and muddy, which made it even more fun! We cracked ourselves up falling off the ice, slipping down the hill attempting to make a train etc. I am sad to admit that it was my first ever ice blocking experience...crazy I know! I can't believe I have been missing out on such fun my whole life. I am totally making sure my kids experience the wonders of ice blocking. After we were sufficiently muddy, wet, and smelly we chucked our ice blocks in the little creek/lake at the park, took some pics, and headed back to Sarah's house to change and have hot cocoa.

Sunday afternoon we headed out to Draper for Cassie's farewell. She gave a wonderful talk about how the different events in her life had formed her testimony and had led her to serve a mission. Later that day we all went over to Cassie's house for dinner.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Isn't it great to have friends! I love you, MOM