Studying for the GRE...


While I was at home during Christmas, I finalized my decision to take the GRE. I signed $160 of my life away and set a date for the day of reckoning---Friday, February 4, 2011. In light of my financial, calendar, and future obligation, I have been studying for the past two weeks and will continue such studies until the day before the test. I slacked off last week so I've got to get back on track. I started to stress out so much that I couldn't even think when I would go to study. My mind would blank at every word and equation. It's back to hitting the books tonight.

As stressful as taking the GRE is I do know that Heavenly Father will help me as long as I put forth the effort. Amidst my mild freak outs--some not so mild--I am comforted by the sure knowledge that if I'm supposed to go to graduate school, Heavenly Father will help make up the difference. Over these past few months I've been learning to live in the present--and enjoy it. Planning and goals are good, but not if you can't enjoy the ride. I'm on a rollercoaster and I don't know what's around the bend, but I know I'll be ready for it.

No comments: