A real love letter from my Papa to my Grandma Bonnie...


To my Bonnie,
I have been sitting here tonight thinking about you and how much I love you. I cannot stand to think that I have made you feel badly and I wish to tell you if I can about my thoughts.

I have never been so much in love with anything or anyone in my life and now that I have you for my wife I am aware of a new world and feeling. You are my life and to love you and live with you Bonnie is all I desire. Just to know that you love me gives me a warm feeling and I will not let anything happen that will jeopardize our marriage. When I look in your eyes and see that I have hurt you I could cry because I love you so dearly and wish the best for you. Please darling don't worry about our bills because we will have them paid in a short time and we will be the richer from the experience. I die a little when you say that you shouldn't have married me owing these bills and I want you to understand that I wouldn't care if you owed a thousand times this amount. I married you because I have found the only girl that I can truly say I love and that I want to spend my life with and to share her joys and sorrows.

Bonnie, I have never been so happy as I have with you these past months and I want to tell you so- It's hard for me to express my feelings for you because words are not quite adequate. Right now I would like nothing more than to take you in my arms and hold you.

I know that we will have a good life together and you give me everything that I need. I don't expect everything to be "peaches and cream" so to speak but with you by my side I can "slay dragons". Without you Bonnie, my life would be so empty I hate to even think about it-Darling I would never have known the full meaning of love if I had not met and married you and I say that from my heart.

I miss you so much right now that I can hardly wait until this shift is over so that I can be near you again.

All my love,
Jay

Auntie found this letter and typed it up and sent it to the family. It is so sweet. Even though I never knew my Grandma Bonnie, I have always felt a connection with her. I miss my Papa so much. I can only imagine how hard it was for him to live through almost 40 years without her. I am grateful for the blessing of eternal families and for the knowledge that I will see my Papa again and meet my grandma. This May when my parents came down for graduation they were able to get together with family and do my their temple work. Now not only are my Papa and Grandma Bonnie sealed to each other, my Dad and Aunt are also sealed to them, and my Papa is sealed to his parents.

1 comment:

jjfid said...

Hi Rissy! Just stopped by to see if you had any new posts. It really touched my heart to see this post. I love what you wrote. You were Papa's girl and I know that he is very interested in all that you are doing these days. You will be loved and supported through all of your ups and downs by those of us here and those who love you on the other side of the veil. xoxoxo Love you Forever xoxo Auntie